[Samba] Problems Accessing Printer

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Tue Jun 17 14:21:42 GMT 2003

I am running Samba 2.2.7a on a Mandrake 9.1 system. I am trying to make a
locally attached printer, LaserJet 6mp, available to the network.
The SWAT program is being used to do the configuration. I have configured the
printer to be browseable and have made the nobody account
the one that is used to access the printer. The /tmp directory is where the data
will spool. The printing daemon that I am using is CUPS. After
the configurations were complete, Samba was restarted. I tried to connect to the
printer from a Windows 2000 workstation. I used the
My Network Places icon to locate the system the printed was attached to, and
selected the printer. I encountered an error message saying
the wrong printer driver was loaded on the Samba server. I selected the
"correct" driver from the Windows list. After that, the printer loaded, but
had the following error message:

				Access denied, unable to connect.

Any ideas? Thanks.