[Samba] concerning saving roaming profile and the long delay

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Tue Jun 17 14:02:18 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 09:36, garvald at bluemail.ch wrote:
> adding this to your smb.conf may help:
>

> # See speed.txt and the manual pages for details
> socket options = TCP_NODELAY
uh
i think not...

the long delay he's referring to is the delay that is required to save
the roaming profile.

there are only two options
1) reduce the size of the roaming profile
2) increase the speed of the network/server

to reduce the size of the profile you could try a few tricks
1) move the netscape cache into the local settings folder (which is not
replicated to the server)
2) store all documents permanently on the server instead of my documents
3) clean off the desktop

best wishes

brad
--