[Samba] number of login sessions

Marian Mlcoch, Ing mm at tsmp.sk
Tue Jun 17 12:43:44 GMT 2003

Hi
exactly no but you can create script to this and use it on smb.conf as write
help:

preexec (S)
This option specifies a command to be run whenever the service is connected
to. It takes the usual substitutions.

An interesting example is to send the users a welcome message every time
they log in. Maybe a message of the day? Here is an example:

preexec = csh -c 'echo \"Welcome to %S!\" |
/usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient -M %m -I %I' &

Of course, this could get annoying after a while :-)

See also preexec close and postexec .

Default: none (no command executed)

Example: preexec = echo \"%u connected to %S from %m (%I)\" >> /tmp/log

preexec close (S)
This boolean option controls whether a non-zero return code from preexec
should close the service being connected to.

Default: preexec close = no

Try use grep %u smbstatus combination to do this.

Bye.