[Samba] mount other users with 0755 perms

garvald at bluemail.ch garvald at bluemail.ch
Tue Jun 17 09:15:17 GMT 2003

the hope that someone can tell me why user's homedirs in an nfs/nis environment
arent protected:

[global]
; Basic server settings
netbios name = hop
workgroup = guard

# security addition from SANS http://www.sans.org/top20/#W6
lanman auth = no
min protocol = NT1
lm announce = no

# Files with permissions set to prevent access shouldn't even appear
hide unreadable = yes

# Prevent browsing by default
browseable = no

domain admin group = gentot

; we should act as the domain and local master browser
os level = 64
preferred master = yes
domain master = yes
local master = yes

hosts deny = 0.0.0.0/0

hosts allow = 1.2.3.4

# tells Samba to use a separate log file for each machine that connects
log file = /scratch/local/app/samba/current/var/log.%m

# default is only to log critical messages
log level = 1

# Put a capping on the size of the log files (in Kb).
max log size = 90

# this option gives better performance
# See speed.txt and the manual pages for details
socket options = TCP_NODELAY

; security settings (must be security = user)
security = user

; encrypted passwords are a requirement for a PDC
encrypt passwords = yes

; support domain logons
domain logons = yes
; where to store user profiles?
logon path = \\hop\profiles\%u

; where is a user's home directory and where should it
; be mounted at?
logon drive = Y:

; specify a generic logon script for all users
; this is a relative **DOS** path to the [netlogon] share
logon script = logon.bat

; necessary share for domain controller
[netlogon]
path = /scratch/local/app/samba/current/lib/netlogon
read only = yes
write list = gentot

; share for storing user profiles
[profiles]