[Samba] which one is better samba or

Tom McKellips tom at cpty.net
Tue Jun 17 01:11:42 GMT 2003

Look up linuxmagazine.com they have ran articles on Samba in the past making
some comparisons. Also there is a real nice system management server
available for Samba called Webmin It is a browser based manager and works
real well. Samba also runs some extremly large networks with thousands of
workstations. You might also look at some various Samba howto's

Tom

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 23:50:21 +0200, Arnold wrote
> hi,
> do somebody tell me, where i could find information about samba restrictions
> compared with
> Windows Server.
>
> I' m trying to prepare a paper for school, which describe a comarison
> between samba and Windows Server.
> I heard for example, that 1-Samba is not adapted for great nets?
> 2-Samba has not a "system management server" like windows?
> 3-Remote Procedure Calls (RPCs) has been not yet implemented and
> this make dificulties to management of Samba in Nets?? ?? I' m
> appreciated for your help
>
> arn
>
> --

Internet Service Provided By Abyss Communications
Internet Service only $10 a month
1-866-842-2977