[Samba] Mounting Shares

Adam Horden adamhorden at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jun 16 19:34:37 GMT 2003

Hi Guys,

I have bene useing linux and samba for many years now on our network. We
have found the need to be able to mount a share from one of out windows
servers to the linux (redhat 8) webserver. After reading the manual I found
I could use the command:

mount -t smbfs //server02/data /var/www/html/data -o
username=administrator,password=PASSWORD

So I did this and it worked. So nothing else happened until It was reported
than half of data on the linux server was not shown on the new mount even
tho the data was there on the windows server. In fact it only displays the
first 40 files of the diretory and leaves the other 2000!

Any ideas?

Adam