[Samba] HP-UX smbmount

Ron.Esterman at cognis-us.com Ron.Esterman at cognis-us.com
Mon Jun 16 15:31:08 GMT 2003

Thanks for the help.

The HP-UX implementation allows the mount command to work with the
following syntax.

mount -F cifs server:/share /mount.piont

The "older" cifsclient software was on my machines but...... I would
download the depot that John suggested.
It will have the /etc/rc.config.d file created. ( You will have to modify
it to automatically start the cifsclient daemon to start.)
It will also have the startup script available. These did not exist in the
older versions.

Thanks, again for the help

                    Marc Jacobsen
                    <you_can_guess       To:     Ron.Esterman at cognis-us.com
                    @hp.com>             cc:     John H Terpstra <jht at samba.org>, samba at lists.samba.org
                                         Subject:     Re: [Samba] HP-UX smbmount
                    06/13/2003
                    06:10 PM

Ron,

If you look here
http://www.software.hp.com/cgi-bin/swdepot_parser.cgi/cgi/displayProductInfo.pl?productNumber=B8724AA

you will see that HP has a free, downloadable product to do what you
want.  It is in fact based on Sharity, which is the product John mentioned.

Good Luck,
Marc Jacobsen

John H Terpstra wrote:

>Ron,
>
>Suggest you search for a product called Sharity. I do not know if it
>supports HPUX - YMMV.
>
>Cheers,
>John T.
>

>On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 Ron.Esterman at cognis-us.com wrote:
>

>>I installed a samba server ( 2.2.8 ) on an HP-UX 11.0 machine.
>>
>>I setup a share and it can be mapped from a Win2k client.
>>
>>I am now tring to mount the same share from a seperate HP-UX 11.0 client.
>>
>>I know the mount command knows nothing of smbfs types currently on my
HP-UX