[Samba] testparm is telling me something but i dont know what.

netzpilot at gmx.de netzpilot at gmx.de
Sun Jun 15 12:51:15 GMT 2003

Hi all
I try to get Samba running on the recent Debian stable release.
All upgrades have been done and Samba was included in the OS Installation.
I use the  Samba version 2.2.3a-12.3 for Debian.
smbd and nmbd are starting automaticly when the System is running.
The smb.conf is still the one from the installation, nothing edited yet.
Here are the errormessages that i get if i try testparm and smbstatus.

Please help me to get rid of these messages :-).

THX for help from Ford Prefect

servfix:/# testparm
Unknown parameter encountered: "passdb backend"
Ignoring unknown parameter "passdb backend"
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Loaded services file OK.

servfix:/# smbstatus
Unknown parameter encountered: "passdb backend"
Ignoring unknown parameter "passdb backend"

Samba version 2.2.3a-12.3 for Debian
Service      uid      gid      pid     machine

tdb((null)): tdb_open_ex: could not open file /var/run/samba/brlock.tdb:
No such file or directory
Failed to open byte range locking database
tdb((null)): tdb_open_ex: could not open file
/var/run/samba/locking.tdb: No such file or directory
ERROR: Failed to initialise locking database
Can't initialise locking module - exiting