[Samba] Samba servers

Gerry George geraldg at clemson.edu
Fri Jun 13 20:17:39 GMT 2003

I'm new to SAMBA and am somewhat confused. So I'll get right to the point.

Situation:
I am running both UNIX (Solaris 9) and Windows 2000. I have a system running on Windows
will be creating some large files. These files need to be input to a system running on
the UNIX (Solaris) box.

Solution?
I would like to be able to have the system on the UNIX box be able to read the files on
Windows by using SAMBA to make it a mountable drive. Is that possible? Everything I read
always seems to indicate that Windows can only be a SAMBA Client and not a server.

I really appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gerald F. George
Clemson University
Applications Analyst II
email: geraldg at clemson.edu
phone: 864.656.7973

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s)
named herein and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not
the intended recipient of this e-mail, any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail or telephone and
permanently delete all copies of this e-mail and any attachments.