[Samba] Samba + LDAP problem...

Bruno Gimenes Pereti pereti at ump.edu.br
Fri Jun 13 17:43:49 GMT 2003

Hi Kevin,

> Below are some files that I think are pertinent.  The
> /etc/openldap/ldap.conf, /etc/openldap/slapd.conf /etc/samba/smb.conf, the
> base.ldif that is from the IDEALX.org HOWTO.
>
> I'm hoping that someone with much more experience than me will be able to
> help me.

I´m not so experience but I think you forgot one thing. Do you have this:

passwd:     files ldap
shadow:     files ldap
group:      files ldap

in your /etc/nsswitch.conf and this:

auth        required      /lib/security/pam_env.so
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
auth        sufficient     use_first_pass
auth        required      /lib/security/pam_deny.so
account     sufficient     /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
account     required      /lib/security/pam_unix.so
password    required      /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so retry=3
password    sufficient    /lib/security/pam_unix.so nullok use_authtok md5
shadow
password    sufficient     /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
password    required      /lib/security/pam_deny.so
session     required      /lib/security/pam_limits.so
session     sufficient      /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
session     required      /lib/security/pam_unix.so

in /etc/pam.d/system-auth?

In redhat you can do this with authconfig.

hope this helps.

Bruno Pereti.