[Samba] Printer no longer available

JEFFERY, Stuart Stuart.JEFFERY at eur.crowncork.com
Fri Jun 13 15:19:42 GMT 2003

Hi,

I have a Samba 2.2.2 server running on a Sun E450 with Solaris 2.6 and
another Samba 2.2.2 server running
on a Sun Ultra 10 with Solaris 7. These two servers form a Samba domain.
A mixture of Windows NT4, 2000 Pro, and 9x clients all login to this Samba
domain for files and printing.

My site is a bit of an odd ball with regards to the rest of the company
since we are the only real Unix site.
All the others are purely Windows.
The company is currently rolling out a Windows 2000 domain migration and all
my sites Windows PC now have
to login to this domain. I have managed to migrate Windows 2000 PC's OK but
the Windows 95 ones refuse to
print to the printers on the Samba server. They can access the files OK but
when you try and send a print
they get the message "printer no longer available". The Samba log shows
"INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 11"

Does anyone have any ideas why they can no longer print?

smb.conf file from Samba domain PDC.

 <<smb.conf>>

Thanks

Stuart

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
confidential use of the above named recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient or person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient,
you have received this communication in error and must not distribute or
copy it.  Please accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail and delete this communication.  Thank you.