[Samba] mount other users with 0755 perms

garvald at bluemail.ch garvald at bluemail.ch
Fri Jun 13 11:38:30 GMT 2003

Hallo
I recently setup samba v 2.2.8a and have the following options for [homes]
set in my smb.conf:

[homes]
guest ok        = no
read only       = no
create mask     = 0700
directory mask  = 0700
preserve case   = yes
locking         = no
oplocks         = no

Im on a NIS/NFS net. The problem is I can mount anyone elses directory with
no password if they have 0755 homedir perms. No username/password login appears,
the directory is mounted and I have access to all files. Other directories
which do not allow world access produce an error saying they're not accessible,
which isnt good, I would prefer a username + pwd window to appear.

what options do I need in order to protect 0755 dirs and for all directories
to be accessible through username + pwd ?

thanks for the help
AlanCB