[Samba] Windows 2000 printer sharing

G.de-With G.de-With at herts.ac.uk
Fri Jun 13 10:46:29 GMT 2003

Hello

I am running RH7.2 with samba-common-2.2.1a-4 and samba-client-2.2.1a-4 and

for printing I use a windows printer (SMB share). Previously this printserver was running

under WinNT, and for the installation of this printer I used the installation wizard

under RH7.2. Furthermore no modifications were made to the SMBclient (smb.conf) nor the WinNT printserver.

Recently, they upgraded the printserver to Win2000 and since then I can't use the shared printer anymore.

All Microsoft users can access and use the shared printer, but none of the LINUX (both RH 7.2, RH 8.0) users is able print.

Are there some changes I have to make in the SMB settings on either the LINUX machine or Windows machine?

Please let me know if there are some different settings required between WinNT and Win2000.

Regards

Govert

| Dr. Govert de With     Research Fellow                     |
| Fluid Mechanics Research Group                             |
| University of Hertfordshire                                |
| Tel: 01707 284124 Fax: 01707 285086                        |
| Der Horizont vieler Menschen ist ein Kreis mit Radius Null |
| und das nennen sie ihren Standpunkt.                       |