[Samba] tdbsam backend

Jim Wharton jim at luna.dsc.mine.nu
Thu Jun 12 22:36:03 GMT 2003

I just compiled some RPMS for Mandrake 9.0. I would like to try the TDB
bAckend before I do the LDAP stuff. (It took me awhile to get that set
up in 2.2)

Everything installed ok but it seems that the  pbedit3 tool can't find a
library. The error message I get is:

[root at luna root]# pdbedit3
idmap uid range missing or invalid
idmap will be unable to map foreign SIDs
idmap gid range missing or invalid
idmap will be unable to map foreign SIDs
Error loading module '/usr/lib/samba3/pdb/tdbsam_nua.so':
/usr/lib/samba3/pdb/tdbsam_nua.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory
No builtin nor plugin backend for tdbsam_nua found
Error loading module '/usr/lib/samba3/pdb/tdbsam_nua.so':
/usr/lib/samba3/pdb/tdbsam_nua.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory
No builtin nor plugin backend for tdbsam_nua found
Can't initialize passdb backend.

Sure enough, that library is not there... Should I have compiled with
different options? I'm about to hit the docs but I thought I would ask
here first.

Jim