[Samba] SMB Authentication

Saajan Singh Chana saajan at saajmin.f9.co.uk
Thu Jun 12 15:09:18 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, please point me
somewhere more appropriate if this is the case!

I am trying to authenticate users against an NT domain controller.  I am
using the perl Authen::Smb module.  Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work!

Digging a bit deeper, I find that

1) If I use Samba as a PDC, it works fine
2) I can log on to shares on the NT machine

This suggests that there is some setting on the NT controller that is
preventing me from using SMB authentication, but allowing me to log on
to NT shares.  I don't know anything at all about NT administration;
could anybody tell me where the problem could be?

Thanks,

Saajan