[Samba] Root user problems with Samba 3.0.0beta1

David van Geyn dataiv-lists at noc.peon.net
Thu Jun 12 00:28:22 GMT 2003

Hi,

I have now successfully got Samba 3.0.0 authenticating my users and the
old machine trust accounts are working fine. Two more questions for you
though! :-)

1) How do I make a user other than root have the ability to modify
parameters in Windows NT User Manager for Domains - If I log in to the
workstation as root, then I can modify the users, etc... but not as my
other administrative user. Is there a way to get around this?

2) These errors come up with any Samba binary when I run them. They are
all looking for some charset thing called CP850.so which I cannot find
anywhere on my system or in the samba tree. Am I missing something obvious
here?

Error loading module '/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so': Cannot open
"/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so"
Conversion from UCS-2LE to CP850 not supported
Error loading module '/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so': Cannot open
"/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so"
Conversion from UTF8 to CP850 not supported
Error loading module '/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so': Cannot open
"/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so"
Conversion from ASCII to CP850 not supported
Error loading module '/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so': Cannot open
"/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so"
Conversion from CP850 to UCS-2LE not supported
Error loading module '/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so': Cannot open
"/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so"
Conversion from CP850 to UTF8 not supported
Error loading module '/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so': Cannot open
"/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so"
Conversion from CP850 to ASCII not supported
Error loading module '/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so': Cannot open
"/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so"
Conversion from CP850 to UTF8 not supported
Error loading module '/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so': Cannot open
"/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so"
Conversion from UTF8 to CP850 not supported

Thanks,

David