[Samba] (no subject)

Akshay V Rao avrao at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 11 20:24:40 GMT 2003

I have a problem involving the functions, smbc_open, smbc_close, and
smbc_read. A part of my program forks into N processes.  Each forked
process has a loop in which smbc_open, smbc_read, and smbc_close are
called (in that order).  The problem arrises when this program runs and I
notice that it deadlocks.  However, if I comment out the smbc function
calls, everything works just fine (It doesn't do anything, but it works
just fine).  Also, I did call smbc_init before forking the process. I was
wondering if anyone had any experience involving libsmbclient functions
and concurrency.

Thanks in advance