[Samba] Root user problems with Samba 3.0.0beta1

David van Geyn dataiv-lists at noc.peon.net
Wed Jun 11 19:13:58 GMT 2003

Attached is smb.conf - I tried also setting passdb backend = tdbsam,
guest, but it won't let me add the root user to the pass database.

eg, using smbpasswd

radium# ./smbpasswd -a root
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
tdb_update_sam: Failing to store a SAM_ACCOUNT for [root] without a
primary group RID
Failed to add entry for user root.
Failed to modify password entry for user root

Thanks ,

David