[Samba] Root user problems with Samba 3.0.0beta1

David van Geyn dataiv-lists at noc.peon.net
Wed Jun 11 18:10:37 GMT 2003

Hello

Anytime I try to do anything with the root user (like join the domain) or
run 'net user' or 'net group' with root, when I enter the correct
password, I get NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL ....

I've been trying more commands, and if I run tdbedit -e=tdbsam (to export
the smbpasswd to tdbsam style), I get this error :

tdb_update_sam: Failing to store a SAM_ACCOUNT for [root] without a
primary group RID

What does it mean Root does not have a primary group RID? I suspect this
may be the cause of the NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL messages.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-David van Geyn