[Samba] win bind authentication

Tod B. Schmidt tschmidt at tnc.org
Wed Jun 11 18:09:07 GMT 2003

Yes, I can do kinit and then log into my win2k machines with smbclient fine,
but cannot log into my samba accounts from my win2k box.

I think the fact that winbind -t fails is significant, but I can join the
domain fine, so I am not sure what is happening here.

[root at maildev etc]# net join
[2003/06/11 14:01:38, 0] libads/ldap.c:ads_join_realm(1352)
  Host account for maildev already exists - deleting old account
Joined 'MAILDEV' to realm 'TNCTEST.ORG'

[root at maildev etc]# wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL (0xc0000001)
Could not check secret

Also, when I list wbinfo -u or getent passwd I get entries that start with
TNCTEST and not TNCTEST.ORG, not sure if that is important. Kerberos will
not authenticate against the realm TNCTEST so I think it has to be
TNCTEST.ORG

Thanks,
Tod Schmidt