[Samba] WinXP support

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Wed Jun 11 15:39:24 GMT 2003

I am ordering new workstations for my university, and my supervisor is
requesting that the machines come with XP pre-installed. I am very tempted
to recommend against this, as we make heavy use of Samba and I know from
experience that trying to be current when using Samba is not a great idea.

Will I be at all sorry if I choose XP over 2000, or are they similar
enough so that Samba support is very good for both?

Thanks for the input.

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - Jr. UNIX Systems Admin
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630