[Samba] copy files from Linux to NT Server

Diana datachaos at yahoo.de
Wed Jun 11 15:35:59 GMT 2003

Hi & sorry if this is too "newbie" of a question but I
just can`t find
solution.

I`m trying to use smbclient or at least smbmount, but
both is not
working.
What I want to do is:
copy files via command line (I will have to do that
later with an
automated
script) from my Linux server to the NT Server
(server1) in a directory
called "photo library test" (I tried as well "Bit" as
directory because
I`m
not sure of the long directory name with spaces).
Here are my closest tries:

[root at linux usr]# smbmount '\\server1\Bit' /usr/test
-o
username=***,password=***
12775: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess
(Access denied.)
SMB connection failed

# mount -t smbfs -o username=***,password=***
//server1/Bit /usr/test
12831: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess
(Access denied.)
SMB connection failed

$ smbclient '\\server1\groups\photo library test' -I
1**.***.**.** -U
username
added interface ip=10.144.43.230 bcast=10.144.47.255
nmask=255.255.248.0
Password:
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

$ smbclient '\\server1\photo library test' -U username
added interface ip=10.144.43.230 bcast=10.144.47.255
nmask=255.255.248.0
Password:
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

$ smbclient \\\\hy1srv1\\Bit -U ddit009
added interface ip=10.144.43.230 bcast=10.144.47.255
nmask=255.255.248.0
Password:
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

I also have to mention: I`m inside a big company
network (without any
Linux
servers) and I wanted to have a linux server for my
project (Running
Apache
& MySQL & Samba). Everything is working fine except
the copying of
files. In
the other directioon it works fine, when I` logged in
to my NT
workstation I
can do copies via cmd using xcopy and copy files from
the Linux machine
server1. (server1 is NOT the PDC). Because my whole
project is written
in
PHP I need to start the copy process serverside, ie
from my linux
server.
Any help how to get this done would be greatly
appreciated!
Thanks a lot and again sorry for this newbie question,
but I just
didn`t
find what I want in the manual (please don`t suggest
to rtfm or use
google
-- already tried that!).
Diana

=====
WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS, HUG YOUR SNOOPY
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
J.M. Barrie (1860-1937)