[Samba] SAMBA 3.0 on HPUX as an ADS Domain Member

Ladner, Eric (Eric.Ladner) Eric.Ladner at chevrontexaco.com
Tue Jun 10 15:06:24 GMT 2003

Samba 3.0 alpha 24 (I think) on HP-UX 11.0 works fine as an ADS member.

I haven't used the LDAP support.  http://docs.hp.com has some info on
using LDAP with Microsoft ADS servers, but you have to install something
on the Windows side (Unix Extensions for ADS, or something like that) to
use ADS as an authentication/user creation source.  It's outlined in the
LDAP docs from HP.

Eric