[Samba] Problems with machine accounts

Hena Häkkänen
Tue Jun 10 12:57:16 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I'm really banging my head against the wall here.
I'm running Samba v2.2.8a as a PDC on OpenBSD v3.3-current, and I
haven't
been able to join my Win2000 machines to the domain.

I have tried both manually and automatically to add machine accounts
to smbpasswd file to no avail. It always takes 2-3 minutes for the
Win2k machine to join the domain, suggesting that it really cannot.
This is confirmed after rebooting the Windows client when I get
the error message
saying that the computer accout is missing or incorrect password.

Samba log files show nothing of importance to me.

Anyone have experience with Samba PDC and OpenBSD v3.3?

/etc/samba/smb.conf:
[global]
        workgroup = FINITLAW
        netbios name = GATEKEEPER
        server string = FinitLaw File Server
        interfaces = 192.168.0.1/24
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        passwd chat = "Changing local password for*"\n "*New  password*"
%n\n $
        unix password sync = Yes
        log file = /var/log/smbd.%m
        max log size = 50
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=81$
        logon script = login.bat
        logon path = \\%N\profiles\%u
        logon drive = H:
        logon home = \\gatekeeper\%u
        domain logons = Yes
        domain admin group = root @domainadmin
        os level = 64
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        dns proxy = No
        wins support = Yes
        guest account = smbguest
#       add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /var/empty -g 300
-s /sbin/nolog$
        null passwords = yes

/etc/passwd:
COMPAQ3$:*:2003:300:Workstation:/var/empty:/sbin/nologin