[Samba] Driver Download with Foomatic-PPDs: Win2K Client says "Device settings cannot be displayed" if PPD's TranslationString longer than 40 chars

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Mon Jun 9 23:01:06 GMT 2003

Hi, Samba list readers,

I am forwarding these mails from one of the Linuxprinting.org lists to
you (with the $SUBJECT changed by me), because surely some of you must
have been bitten by this too....

This problem is verified on W2K (but not yet for NT/ME/XP/9x).

Cheers,
Kurt

#################  problem description by Elena Khan  ####################