[Samba] PDC error; can not open passdb database

Karl Banasky kbanasky at heatcon.com
Mon Jun 9 17:38:59 GMT 2003

I am looking to setup a domain server.  I have tried and tried and this is the closest I have gotten so far.
The main problem I have is in the user authentication. I am getting an error that the user or password is wrong. Currently it looks like Samba can not access the passwd file.  What is this file?

My log for the client give this error:

    [2003/06/05 15:35:35, 0] rpc_server/srv_samr.c:api_samr_set_userinfo(670)
     api_samr_set_userinfo: Unable to unmarshall SAMR_Q_SET_USERINFO.
    [2003/06/05 15:35:35, 0] passdb/pdb_smbpasswd.c:pdb_getsampwrid(1418)
     unable to open passdb database.

I am running Caldera 3.1.1
I compiled samba with the "makerpms" for Caldera (I pray this will always work; as for the "build with" I have no Idea)

Any Ideas?  If there is any info you need please let me know.
And SAMBA rock!
Thanks.

Karl Banasky
Email kbanasky at heatcon.com