[Samba] Samba3.0beta1 as PDC with LDAP

Gordon Pritchard gordonp at sfu.ca
Mon Jun 9 15:25:36 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 01:28, Chee Wai Yeung wrote:

> I still could not get a uid=root entry in LDAP to
> allow client workstation to join the domain.

> Has anyone got a full LDAP based Samba PDC working
> without the need to have a fallback smbpasswd for the
> root account?

	My experience is the same as yours, Chee.  I had to have a user 'root'
in smbpasswd, despite having a root-user (UID=GID=0) in LDAP (this was
using 3.0alpha24, not beta1).

	-Gord

--
Gordon Pritchard, P.Eng.         | Institute of Electrical and
Research Labs Manager            |      Electronics Engineers