[Samba] Samba3.0beta1 as PDC with LDAP

Chee Wai Yeung cheewai_yeung2003 at yahoo.com.hk
Mon Jun 9 08:28:50 GMT 2003

I finally got Samba-3.0beta1 as PDC with LDAP backend.
However, I need to specify:

passdb backend = ldapsam smbpasswd:smbpasswd guest

and have the root account's exists in smbpasswd file.
I still could not get a uid=root entry in LDAP to
allow client workstation to join the domain.

When in samba-2.2.8a I could use a fake rid=506 with
uidNumber=0 entry in LDAP (as a SambaAccount) and it
worked fine. But even after converting this entry to
SambaSamAccount object with Jerry's conversambaAccount
script it would not allow client machines to join the
domain.

Has anyone got a full LDAP based Samba PDC working
without the need to have a fallback smbpasswd for the
root account? What SambaSID will work for a root
account that allows client workstations to join the
domain?

Please advise. Thanks!