[Samba] Problem with Samba %U

Radek Žuja zuja_radek at hortim.cz
Mon Jun 9 07:57:18 GMT 2003

Hello,

I have a problem with Samba and I absolutely don't know how to solve it.

Samba version: 2.2.8a
Linux version: Redhat 9.0

Description of the problem:

In Samba configuration I use:

  include = /etc/samba/%U.conf

and services as follow:

[%U]
    comment = Home directory (%U) (%u)
    path =  /public/%U

and other else according to a user.

When I am connecting to Samba Server from PC, everything is all right. Each
user gets their services.

But when I am connecting to Samba Server from Windows Terminal Server, it
doesn't work properly.

It works like this:

User1 = celnici
User2 = zujar
Both of these users have also the same user name in Linux.

1. I connect to WindowsTerminalSession as user1(celnici). After "find
computer" I can find and see Samba Server and I get all shares for user
"celnici" (services celnici comment = Home Directory (celnici) (celnici))

2. I connect to WindowsTerminalSession as user2(zujar). After "find
computer" I can find and see Samba Server and I get all shares for user
"zujar" (services zujar comment = Home Directory (zujar) (zujar))

3. I am back on WindowsTerminalSession celnici, and I refresh the window
with Samba Server. Still everything is OK.
     (services celnici comment = Home Directory (celnici) (celnici))

4. I am back on WindowsTerminalSession zujar, and I refresh the window with
Samba Server. NOW I CAN SEE THE SHARES FOR celnici, even as I am connected
as zujar.
     (services celnici comment = Home Directory (celnici) (zujar))

And that's the problem, which I can't understand. Can you help me, please?

Radek Zuja