[Samba] Samba PDC & win2000

Eddy Appels appels at be.uu.net
Sun Jun 8 14:07:32 GMT 2003

Hi,

I've setup samba as a PDC i think ( followed the PDC-howto ), and when i try to log in with my win2000 :

My Computer -> Network Identification tab -> Properties -> Member of : Domain ( smb.conf = WORKGROUP ), click on OK

then i get Domain Username and Password ( i enter them and click ok ) I get :

Specified domain does not exist ....

Is this my win2000 that gives the message or Samba ?

This is my smb.conf :

[global]
    null passwords = no
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    loglevel = 2
    debug timestamp = yes
    bind interfaces only = yes
    max log size = 250
    interfaces = 10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0
    domain master = yes
    add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -g machines -c NTMachine -d /dev/null -s /bin/false -n '%m$'
    delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel %m$
    locking = yes
    domain logons = yes
    preferred master = yes
    encrypt passwords = yes
    password level = 0
    logon path = \\PDC\profile\%U
    serverstring = Samba on %L
    hosts allow = 10. localhost
    workgroup = SERVICES
    smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
    logon script = %U.bat
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
    read raw = yes
    write raw = yes
    netbios name = PDC
    load printers = no