[Samba] No password for specific IP address?

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sat Jun 7 20:03:23 GMT 2003

This seems easy enough.
In your global section, you could have something like this:

include = /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.%I

Create a file:
/usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.IPofSlowBox
In this smb.conf you can put specific parameters to allow this box a
passwordless login. The exact method you use will depend on what you are
trying to do. I am too rusty on this stuff to offer any more specific advice
a this point.

You might be able to do the same thing with the config parameter.

config file = /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.%I

Read all about it in man smb.conf

Joel