[Samba] samba newbie having trouble configuring samba on RH7.3...

marvc marvc at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 7 14:06:54 GMT 2003

Tori
Thanks for the mini tutorial on getting started with samba, it helped a
great deal as I was able to compile and install after locating
./configure in the source directory.

Not to sound like a lazy ungrateful peasant but I'm unable to log in to
swat by typing http://localhost:901. Am I missing something here? I'm
currently trying to locate an updated doc for 2.2.8a that covers setting
up the swat tool and creating the shares. This is for my home network so
I'm not tryiing to do anything fancy; just create a few folders for some
files I'll be adding to my linux web server.

Thanks again