[Samba] stability

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Sat Jun 7 02:00:30 GMT 2003

That's nice.  I guess it's a good thing that SigTerm (Sig 15) is the
default signal for killall.  (Almost like you would expect, no?)

On 6 Jun 2003, Oscar A. Valdez wrote:

>From the smbd man page:

"To shut down a user's smbd process it is recommended that SIGKILL (-9)
NOT  be used, except as a last resort, as this may leave the shared
memory area in an inconsistent state. The safe way to terminate an smbd
is to send it a SIGTERM (-15) signal and wait for it to die on its own."

and from the nmbd man page:

"To shut down an nmbd process it is recommended that SIGKILL (-9) NOT be
used, except as a last resort, as this may leave the name database in an
inconsistent state. The correct way to terminate nmbd is to send it a
SIGTERM (-15) signal and wait for it to die on its own."

Oscar

El vie, 06-06-2003 a las 14:06, Joel Hammer escribi=F3: