[Samba] Multiply Domains with Samba

Fabricio Adorno fabricio at dr.ufu.br
Fri Jun 6 18:58:58 GMT 2003

Thanks for the hints.

I've just implemented the second way you've mentioned. It work's (not as I
wanted), but I think there's a small problem. When you use "bind interfaces
only = yes" you have to set up what interfaces you would like to bind. So,
you must set loopback interface in interfaces settings (like interfaces =
ethx lo) to permit smbpasswd to connect to the server using its default mode
in order to change a password. But, using several samba configuration files,
you have to set loopback interfaces in each of them, but the adress cannot be
the same (like lo:1 or 127.0.0.2). I thought about set up virtual loopbacks
interfaces, but I'm not sure if it works. What have you done about it?

Sincerely yours