[Samba] Do we need WINS Replication?

Alceu R. de Freitas Jr. glasswalk3r at yahoo.com.br
Fri Jun 6 16:53:10 GMT 2003

What about having two samba boxes, one running as a
wins proxy and the other as wins server?

You could use a tool to check the link avaliability
(there are some of them already) with a tool, and when
the link is download, you can stop samba and restart
it with a different configuration file (and with this
file the server would be a wins server).

Hey, I never tried this. Is just an idea, and I don´t
know if it will work.

 --- Michael Smirnov <smbsmb at mail.ru> escreveu: > We
have 2 segments of the corporate network,