[Samba] Multiply Domains with Samba

Geoff Stitt grstitt at somanetworks.com
Fri Jun 6 14:52:01 GMT 2003

Yes,

You can either use the include directive to include a configuration file
on the fly, based on the server name the client connects to.

e.g.  include = %L.conf

Better yet, and what works for me currently (not just theory) is to
runmultiple  smbd / nmbd processes on the same machine, a smbd and nmbd
parent process for each interface, whether real or aliased.

You do this by specifying different configuration files in the startup
script.

You configuration files will also need to specify different directories
for lock files. As far as the interfaces make sure you use the following
directives in each config file.

bind interfaces only = yes
interfaces = ethx
socket address = IP address of ethx

If you want to use the same password file, just point to the same one in
both configuration files. Backup your password files first...as always
;)

Cheers