[Samba] Samba & Sage Line 50 Accounting

Louis Sabet louis at mobiles.co.uk
Fri Jun 6 14:44:30 GMT 2003

--On Friday, June 06, 2003 11:07:25 +0200 David Morel
<david.morel at amakuru.net> wrote:

> Louis Sabet wrote:
>| --On Thursday, June 05, 2003 15:33:01 +0000 jra at dp.samba.org wrote:

>|> Can you give the exact error message please. Also please upgrade to
>|> Samba 2.2.8a for security reasons.
>|>
>|> Jeremy.
>|

>| Hi Jeremy,
>|
>| Actually there is no error message, just odd behaviour.
>|

> Je pense que Jeremy faisait plus allusions aux logs qu'aux (incomplets,
> cryptiques et inutiles) messages d'erreurs affiché sur le bureau des
> clients. Montez le log level à 10 par exemple (ce qui fait beaucoup de
> texte, mais bon...) et examinez le log d'un client sur le serveur avec
> un tail -f /var/log/samba/nomduclient.log pendant que cette tentative de
> connexion s'éternise. Il y a fort à parier que vous y trouverez des
> informations utiles. Vous pouvez aussi examiner smbd.log pendant le
> processus. peut-être qu'un log level 10 est un pu excessif... commencez
> par 2 ou 3
>
> D.Morel

It's a damn good thing I speak french... just about... :-)

Thanks David - I set the log level to 5, but didn't really see anything
that helped - my log analysis skills were overcome by the sheer amount of
information being thrown at me.

I have however managed to fix the problem anyway - discovered that Sage is
actually based on Access databases, and having managed to fix some problems
I've been having with .mdb/.ldb files have found a solution that works (I
still need to do extensive testing, but it seems good so far) - for the
list's reference, it's shown below:

[mobiles_sage]
    path = /home/netapps/mobiles_sage
    writeable = yes
    browseable = no
    create mask = 0777
    directory mask = 0777
    veto oplock files = /*.mdb/*.MDB/*.ldb/*.LDB
    locking = yes
    share modes = yes

Obviously isn't yet the most secure share in the world, but at least it
works now!

Best Regards

Louis Sabet - IT Manager
http://www.mobiles.co.uk