[Samba] Active Directory, Samba 2.0.9

Michael.A.Elleby at pmusa.com Michael.A.Elleby at pmusa.com
Fri Jun 6 13:00:12 GMT 2003

Hello List-

I have a question:

I have several Samba 2.0.9 servers on HPUX 11.00 in one domain (domain A),
and users running Win XP that exist an Active Directory domain (Domain B).
The Samba servers are running user level authentication.  I have some of the
users in Domain B that cannot connect to the shares in Domain A.  To add to
this, all active users are logged in to a guest account (forms) and given
access to certain directories on the UNIX server.

Since Active Directory (domain B) is running in Native Mode, I'm looking at
possibly installing LDAP-UX to get the users from domain B authenticated to
the SAMBA server.  Will an upgrade to version 2.2 resolve my issues?

Thanx.

Mike-