[Samba] CVS over SSH

kenneth.westelinck at pandora.be kenneth.westelinck at pandora.be
Fri Jun 6 06:50:29 GMT 2003

This is my pam config for ssh:
#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
auth       sufficient   pam_winbind.so
auth       required     pam_unix.so use_first_pass shadow
auth       required     pam_env.so # [1]

account    sufficient   pam_winbind.so
account    required     pam_unix.so use_first_pass

session    sufficient   pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel umask=0022
session    required     pam_unix.so
session    optional     pam_lastlog.so # [1]
session    optional     pam_motd.so # [1]
session    optional     pam_mail.so standard noenv # [1]
session    required     pam_limits.so

password   required     pam_unix.so

Which is working for me. I can login from any client on the server using ssh, with UIDs known on the server and UIDs known in the PDC.

What does auth.log say when you try to login? You can increase loging for winbind by putting this in your pam:
auth       sufficient   pam_winbind.so debug

 Christophe Reynders <christophereynders at yahoo.com> wrote: