[Samba] Re: Retry: RedHat, XFS, and ACL Support

Brett Harris samba at bharris.f2o.org
Fri Jun 6 02:57:28 GMT 2003

I must have made a mistake and clicked on a different file then I thought
in windows.  I was just trying to illustrate how the uid's and gid's show
up under the windows security tab and not the domain mappings.

If you check the acl's under linux it correctly maps domain names and
groups from the uid's and gid's.  This says to me that the filesystem is
working properly with acl's and winbind is working properly, but samba is
not mapping the acl's correctly.  I would also hypothesise that this is
the reason if you try to give a user or group access to a file it does not
accept it.

Any idea why samba would not be correctly mapping acl's when I configured
samba with acl support (./configure --with-acl-support)?