[Samba] mount a windows FS to a linux box

Rafael Arvelo chichi.arvelo at codetel.net.do
Fri Jun 6 03:37:46 GMT 2003

My friend,

I am trying to mount a windows FS to a linux box, so I can use it form
linux.

I mount my windows filesystem, without errors, the smbclient works great,
but an ls: .: Input/output error appear to my, so I cant see the windows
drive.

You have any ideas? I don't know what to do?

smb: \> ls

  .                                   D        0  Mon Jun  2 21

  ..                                  D        0  Mon Jun  2 21

  linux-2.0.1.tar.bz2                 A  4736116  Wed Jul  3 01

  Pronombres - Latiniando.htm         A   149807  Wed May 28 23

  Pronombres - Latiniando_files       D        0  Wed May 28 23

                34671 blocks of size 262144. 7814 blocks availa

 [root at server kayak]# mount

/dev/hdc1 on / type ext3 (rw)

none on /proc type proc (rw)

none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)

none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)

//kayak-xp/SharedDocs on /mnt/kayak type smbfs (rw)

[root at server kayak]# ls

ls: .: Input/output error

[root at server kayak]#