SUMMARY: [Samba] Samba as PDC with WinXP Clients -> headache!!

Daniel Zeiss dzeiss at gwdg.de
Thu Jun 5 21:15:55 GMT 2003

Hi,

> OK, thanks for that, perhaps a document could be created for the docs
> dir for the 2.2 series, assuming one won't be needed for 3.0 release.

Most of it is Windows stuff, so 3.0 will still need some of the patching
(tweaking)

> But as for the rest, where did you find
> out about it?  Is it collected together in one place somewhere?

I found that stuff after I didnt get along with just the one patch.
Google was my friend and lots of posts and documents that I read, but
still it didnt bring me far.

> I've just had more information from the local administrator, he was
> trying to set up a local default user profile, and this was causing (or
> part of) the trouble.  I'm going to go onsite in the next few days and
> try to get this stuff sorted out once again...

Why would he want local default profiles when you also can use server
based Default Profiles? Its much more flexible.

>>any more ideas?
>
>  I'll let you know when I've had a play...

Great. I am desperatly waiting for it.

bye
Daniel