[Samba] Password protection

Brian Ronk bronk at bookmasters.com
Thu Jun 5 19:39:38 GMT 2003

I have an open samba share right now that anyone can get to and
read/write, I want to make it only readable so I don't get viruses
trying to infect the machine (not like it would do anything anyway).
What I want to do is set up a share that is writable so I can copy the
files over to the readable directory.  Is there a way to set up a
password on the read/write so that I can access it easily?  Also, if
this is possible, does it require a login to do so, or can I just supply a
password?
Thanks

Brian Ronk