[Samba] Unable to Log into the PDC.

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Jun 4 20:40:13 GMT 2003

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Kenneth D. Haas wrote:

> Hello I have been bashing my head against a wall with this issue. I had
> decided rebuild my server with a newer version of Linux and copied all the
> config files to another hard drive and reinstalled the Linux OS. I have been
> able to get everything back up and running accept the ability to log into
> the server from my windows workstation. When I log on I get the error
> "Password Incorrect". I am able to connect to some shares via direct URL
> entry but I have to set the SMB.CONF file for that share to have public
> access to yes.
>
> Every other share that does not have this switch on returns Not Logged in. I
> am including the smb.conf file witch was working fine on my previous server,
> so I am confused?
>
> any help would be great.
>
> Thanks
> Kenneth Haas
> Bestek Management Systems Inc.

In smb.conf [globals] set:

	log level = 5
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	max log size = 0

Then access the samba server from your MS Windows machine. You will need
to examine the logs (big log file!) what is going on and what is failing.
This is really the most productive way to investigate you problem.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org