[Samba] Unable to Log into the PDC.

Kenneth D. Haas kenneth.haas at bestek.ab.ca
Wed Jun 4 20:26:14 GMT 2003

Hello I have been bashing my head against a wall with this issue. I had
decided rebuild my server with a newer version of Linux and copied all the
config files to another hard drive and reinstalled the Linux OS. I have been
able to get everything back up and running accept the ability to log into
the server from my windows workstation. When I log on I get the error
"Password Incorrect". I am able to connect to some shares via direct URL
entry but I have to set the SMB.CONF file for that share to have public
access to yes.

Every other share that does not have this switch on returns Not Logged in. I
am including the smb.conf file witch was working fine on my previous server,
so I am confused?

any help would be great.

Thanks
Kenneth Haas