[Samba] Samba as PDC with WinXP Clients -> headache!!

Daniel Zeiss dzeiss at gwdg.de
Wed Jun 4 15:37:04 GMT 2003

Dear Thomas,

thanks for your answer.

> for XP you need to patch the registry in order to cooperate with a Samba
> PDC.

that is exactly what I have done and tried to explain with my words:

 > They were told to do the reg hack "requiresignorseal" = 0, deactivate
 > encryption (for client/server) change to use "LM and NTLM".
 >
 > These settings are already all done on my systems, but still I get the
 > message.

I would love to hear some more specific ideas like:

 > Can you help?
 > How can I debug this?

Because Google doesnt tell more than I have read. I am trying to solve
this problem now for 2 whole days. There is a chance that the solution
is very very simple and I am blind for it now and that the solution is
too complex that nobody here on the list has an idea.
I am praying for the first. :-)

bye
Daniel