[Samba] PDC/Roving Profiles/and Password Encryption

Dan Kador shoutinwhispers at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 14:50:12 GMT 2003

Buchan,

So you're saying that it IS possible for my setup to work?  I'll definitely give those guides a read through and maybe I'll be able to work through them.

I want to be sure I understand you correctly, though - I can enable password encryption on the samba server, keep password encryption OFF on the clients, and use the LDAP database and migrate the passwords stored there to the samba server?

Thanks,
Dan