[Samba] Oplocks

Brandon Lederer brandonl at hms4emc.com
Wed Jun 4 13:09:24 GMT 2003

I have read that I need to turn oplocks off for QuickBooks.  I think I
understand what Oplocks are.  I also believe I understand why I need to turn
them off.  But in Windows, where is this option?  Are Oplocks always on in
windows?  If this is the case, I reiterate why do I need to turn them off in
Samba?

**********CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT**********
This e-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is confidential and may be
legally privileged.  It is intended for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the
reader of this email is not the intended recipient, or agent responsible for
delivering or copying of this communication, you are hereby notified that
any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error,
please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error, then
delete it.  Thank you