[Samba] Joining windows 2003 server

Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro) Philippe.Dhont at searo.be
Wed Jun 4 11:40:29 GMT 2003

It worked to join the windows2003 server domain,
I added the computer first in windows2003, gave it enough rights and then
added it from linux but i didn't used the "-U" !!
With "-U Administrator" or another user it was just not working, this with
the right password off course.
Without the -U, i joined the domain and serv2003 sees me as an NT4 server,
so this is okay.
Now i configured winbind and when i do a wbinfo -u of -g i get:

0xc0000022
Don't know why, does anyone else knows ????

With another client (windows2000 workstation) i can see the linux in network
neighborhood so it's a matter of configuration i guess.
I will try to use the windows users but am not sure that it will work
(because of the 0xc0000022).

Greetz!

Ph.