[Samba] Problems with Samba 3a24 and smbpasswd

problems at gmx.net problems at gmx.net
Wed Jun 4 08:40:59 GMT 2003

Hi,

when I try to add an user with smbpasswd -a test_user
I get teh following error.
-----
Trying to load: ldapsam_compat:ldap://localhost
Attempting to find an passdb backend to match
ldapsam_compat:ldap://localhost (ldapsam_compat)
No builtin backend found, trying to load plugin
Probing module ldapsam_compat: Trying to load from
/usr/local/samba/lib/pdb/ldapsam_compat.so
Error loading module '/usr/local/samba/lib/pdb/ldapsam_compat.so':
/usr/local/samba/lib/pdb/ldapsam_compat.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
No builtin nor plugin backend for ldapsam_compat found
Failed to add entry for user root.
Failed to modify password entry for user root
-----

Can anybody say me how I can solve this Problem

Regards